The American Heart Association BLS Instructor Course certifies the participant to teach the AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers course. BLS Instructors are also authorized to instruct all of the AHA's Heartsaver programs such as Heartsaver CPR AED, First Aid, Pediatric First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens.
The American Heart Association BLS Instructor Course is a three-part process. All three parts are included with your registration.
- Part One | Online BLS Instructor Essentials Course BLS Instructor Essentials Online is the self-directed, online portion of the BLS Instructor Essentials course. The BLS Instructor Essentials course is designed to prepare Instructor candidates to teach AHA Instructor-led and blended-learning courses. Candidates who successfully complete the course receive access to a printable certificate granting them entrance to the hands-on, faculty-led session. They must pass this session to qualify for a BLS Instructor card, which qualifies them to teach BLS and Heartsaver® courses. PC and Mac® OSX compatible (not compatible with iOS).
- Part Two & Three | Instructor Training & Instruction Monitoring This one-day course will cover information such as policies of the AHA, administrative procedures, course organization, class structure and effective instructional techniques. You will also be evaluated as you teach your first class in the afternoon session. Upon completion, you will be eligible to align with an Amercian Heart Association Training Center to receive your BLS Instructor Certification. Light refreshments will be provided.
BLS Instructor certification is valid for a period of two years.
Your registration fee includes:
- Online Instructor Essentials Course
- In-person Instructor Training Class & Monitoring
- BLS Instructor Manual
- New Instructor Resource Binder
Note: Each participant must hold current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers. Proof of certification should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org following registration for this class.